Dental Crowns in Bethel, CT
DiBella Dental Care Offers One-Day Dental Crowns in Bethel, CT
Have you been searching on the internet for "dental crowns near me?" If so, and you are in the Bethel, Connecticut area, DiBella Dental Care is the dental practice for you. DiBella Dental Care strives to exceed expectations and believes that every patient deserves the highest respect and compassion when it comes to your care.
What Are Dental Crowns and What Are They Used For?
Once referred to as caps, dental crowns are shells that have been molded and placed over the tooth. The objective is to restore the tooth to its original shape, size, and strength.
Crowns are used for:
- Cosmetic changes in appearance
- Attaching a bridge
- Adding protection where there is a broken or cracked tooth
- Covering a tooth after a root canal procedure
- fillings when it is too big for the original tooth to support it
What Types of Dental Crowns Are There?
There are three types of crowns that may be used depending on the circumstances of their need. They are:
- Porcelain crowns - These crowns are made of porcelain and are natural looking in shape, size, and color. The crowns last 20 to 30 years and have no visible coloring at the gum line for an unidentifiable look.
- Metal crowns - These crowns were standard to use more in the past, but today they still have the occasional place. The crowns are made from metal and coated with gold, silver, or porcelain.
- Ceramic crowns - With many design options, ceramic crowns are the ideal replacement for front teeth. They are as strong and durable, if not more so, as standard crowns. Custom made for each patient, the zirconian, the same substance synthetic diamonds are made of, and porcelain teeth have a look and feel similar to real teeth.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Take to Complete?
Today's technology makes it possible to have your crowns completed from start to finish all in one day. That includes taking measurements, making the custom crown, and properly fitting it while you wait.
With CAD/CAM technology, a camera captures an image of the tooth from all angles and creates a digital 3-D image. A block of porcelain matching the shade of your teeth is next chosen. The tooth is milled on-site and fitted in place by Dr. Sandra Echavarria. Most of the time, the whole appointment takes less than two hours.
Still Looking for Dental Crowns Near Me? Make the Call
Now that you understand the basics of the process, if you are still searching for dental crowns near me, pick up the phone and call DiBella Dental Care at 203-798-0022.